SEAMS TO ME
ready when they hand you the ball
NOTE TO DEAN
This is what we doing. This is what we are talking about. This is our end goal. These are our objectives.
We will discover and internalize the principles that God has given in Joshua 1:1-9 to enter our personal place of accomplishment and wholeness. We will understand the “essential competencies” that build Emotional Intelligence:
How we will do that:
1. GROUP MEMBER’S PERSONAL BENEFITS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Increase personal self-understanding.
- Enlarge use of the essential competencies that enable us to live and walk in the Spirit and to experience emotionally healthy spirituality.
- Invite healing for those attitudes, behaviors and thinking patterns that keep us out of God’s promises.
- Personal spiritual refreshing and closer walk with God.
- GROUP MEMBER’S MINISTRY ASSIGNMENTS
- Increase understanding of why people act in counterproductive or self-destructive ways. People meaning: those for whom we are accountable; those to whom we minister, coach, mentor, parent; those we care about and with whom we interact and live with.)
- Learn strategies and appropriate ways to present them with alternatives that will enable them to enter and live in their “Promised Land.”
anchoring words and atmosphere
ENCOUNTER—Jesus becomes more real
ENVIRONMENT—Where intellectual, emotional & spiritual growth is apt to happen.
ENCOURAGEMENT—stimulation to keep at it, try again, take another look, feel affirmed.
EXPERIENCE—insight, personal healing, motivation, renewed calling, vision clarification.
Dean’s manuscript—Seams to Me. Participants will receive chapter after each session and an updated version the following week. Dean is hammering some of this out as we learn.
As background—Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. We will not be working through this chapter by chapter.